Area News | Home | Marketplace | Community

Return to Archived Stories

Paynesville Press - November 01, 2006

Hospital board approves
September financial report

The Paynesville Area Hospital District took the following actions at their meeting on Wednesday, Oct. 25.

•The board approved their September financial report, showing a profit of $31,817 for the final month of the 2006 fiscal year. (PAHCS's fiscal years run from October to September.) PAHCS now reports an unaudited profit for its 2006 fiscal year (October 2005 to September 2006) of $1,031,851, slightly above its budget.

The annual audit of PAHCS is starting, with its presentation to the board expected for January.

•The board heard an update about PAHCS's quality program from safety coordinator Pam Boettcher. The board, managers, and staff groups agree on a mission and vision for quality, with the program now being to develop goals and strategies.

•The board approved a grant application for Hilltop Care Center in Watkins, requesting state help to purchase a new lift van. The state grant, if successful, would cover 80 percent of the cost of the medium-sized van, with PAHCS covering the remaining 20 percent of the van, expected to cost about $53,000.

•The board approved the appointment of Brian Krogstad, P.A., to the ancillary medical staff. He assists orthopedic surgeon Dr. Steven Mulawka.

•The board approved three resignations from the medical staff: Diane Duckworth, D.O. (ob/gyn); James Weeks, M.D. (surgeon); and Hector Ho, M.D. (neurosurgeon).

Contact the author at   •   Return to News Menu

Home | Marketplace | Community