Peterson is new chiropractor for PAHCS

This article submitted by Michael Jacobson on 9/15/99.

Peterson Dr. Jason D. Peterson started working last week at the Integrated Health Center, a new branch of the Paynesville Area Health Care System that opened its doors on Tuesday, Sept. 7.

Peterson, originally from Willmar, did his undergraduate work at Bethel College in St. Paul before attending Northwestern College of Chiropractic in Bloomington, where he earned a bachelor of science in human biology and his doctor of chiropractic medicine. He also was certified in acupuncture. He graduated in November 1995.

Since March 1996, Peterson has practiced in a Willmar clinic with his father and older brother. Peterson will continue to work at that practice part time. His Paynesville office times at the Integrated Health Center will be Tuesday afternoons, all day on Wednesdays, and Thursday and Friday mornings.

As the first chiropractor for PAHCS, Peterson stressed that his goal is to spread the availability of chiropractic care in building a practice at the Integrated Health Center. He estimated that, on average, only 10 percent of the population in the country utilizes chiropractic care, and consequently the vast majority of people do not use chiropractic care. "I'm coming here not to take that 10 percent from others but to tap into that (remaining) 90 percent," he explained.

Pain, he said, is the body's only way of telling you something is wrong. Peterson treats accidents, sports injuries, and acute and chronic pain, but he wants to emphasize child care. He thinks too many people wait until they are in pain to visit a chiropractor, when a routine check-up could detect a misalignment and make treatment easier.

Dr. Peterson can use ultra sound, acupuncture, and electronic muscle stimulation to assist with chiropractic adjustment.

In joining PAHCS, he was attracted by the team concept of the new clinic and the availability to other modes of treatment. He said having a medical doctor in the same office along with ancillary staff and sophisticated testing equipment at the hospital made for a well-rounded approach to health care.

Peterson lives in Spicer with his wife, Nicholle, and their daughter, Megan.

Return to Archives